Industrial Electricity Plant Maintenance Instructor
(Full-Time & Part-Time positions)
May be required to work outside normal working hours during peak times.
Minimum Position Qualifications
Must have High School Diploma.
Associates Degree is required.
Four or more years’ industry-level experience as well as a working knowledge of technical trade college-level learning preferred.
This position will assist the College to educate, train, engage, and empower students.
Especially interested in candidates with excellent organizational skills and superior multi-tasking abilities
Posting Date 06/17/2022 Open Until Screening Begins.
4+ years of documented Industrial Electrical experience in one or more of these areas:
- Facilities management
- Maintenance mechanic with single and three phase electrical experience
Strong knowledge in these areas is important: (PLCs, Transformers, Motor Controls and Troubleshooting is a must have)
- Understanding of safety rules as they apply in industrial settings
- Must have good understanding of industrial & electrical application as they pertain to national, state, and local electrical codes & regulations
- Expertise in schematics and blueprints
- Must have expertise with PLC controls
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment
- Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics in industrial applications (i.e., know laws of each power system, transmission of force and power and conversion of fluid pressure into mechanical force)
- Must have strong mechanical, analytical, communication, and solutions driven skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills - (i.e. team lead, shift supervisor, coach, and scout leader)
- Adhere to accreditation rules and regulations to ensure standards of program
- Work closely with College leadership in determining program effectiveness
- Partner with industry and College advisory board members to safeguard program success
- Provide Assistance to College staff and other faculty when and where needed
- Assist with all College events and initiatives
- Complete other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values
Demonstrate professional skill in written and oral communication
Able to provide academic training to youth and adults
Be highly organized and detail-oriented
Ability to inspire
Work well with others
Exhibit an unwavering commitment to William R. Moore College of Technology
Tools and Equipment
Equipment and tools used in the field of study for training
Use of varied office setting equipment.
Operate system network, CRM software, and other common computer software programs.
Not on a usual basis but may for ongoing training
A general academic environment that requires standing and sitting constantly. The candidate will perform computer work, keyboard use, and telecommunications frequently. Manual dexterity will be required to perform keyboard and writing activities on a frequent basis. Visual acuity is required on a frequent basis to read and review print and electronic documents. Reaching and pushing/pulling with a force of up to 20-50lbs will be performed on a usual basis. Mobility of the candidate will be sufficient to allow moving about the office and to and from the building on an on-going basis. The physical demands must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience and education
Full-Time Benefits include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision
401K after one year
Send Cover Letter and Resume to John Schmidt email@example.com or Karen Treas Ktreas@mooretech.edu
Automotive Service Technology Instructor – Full-Time
Moore Tech’s Automotive Service Technology program closely simulates our local industry’s needs, specifically, at new-car dealerships. All instructors will plan, deliver, and grade assignments for his/her students following ASE task lists and industry requirements, maintain accurate student records, and may assist in teaching another Instructor’s class, if needed. Assistance overseeing students’ progress in co-op/internship performance may be needed. We offer classes both day and night, so flexibility in scheduling may be required. Night classes may be assigned to two instructors for one class. In addition to teaching, Instructors and students are required to ensure the shop and classrooms are kept organized and fully operational before, during, and after each class. Moore Tech has partnered with Memphis area new-car dealerships to offer this new Automotive Service Technology program. Because of this partnership and wanting to ensure the newest technology is being taught, new-car dealership experience is a must. Our industry partners want us only using late-model vehicles for training. Additional responsibilities may be added by the Automotive Service Technology Director and college President. No for-profit side work can be done using the school’s facility. Instructors must be detail focused and display a high level of professionalism and lead by example.
Teaching 40 hours a week, plus:
o Assisting with lesson plans
o Set-up and Clean-up shop before and after each assignment
o Maintain grades, attendance, and often assist with academic advising and I.E.P. coordination
o Maintain instructor update training (manufacturer) and ASE certification
o Maintain instructor ASE G1, A 1-8, and L1 certification
o Attend programmatic and school faculty meetings as required
o Assist with facility projects during breaks between trimesters
o Fill in for other instructors as needed and able
o Assist in routine shop clean-up and organizational assignments
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Must have High School Diploma.
• Associates Degree is required.
• Four or more years’ industry level experience as well as, a working knowledge of technical trade college level learning preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
• $50,000-60,000 annually
• Very attractive 401k plan
• Outstanding medical insurance
• Two weeks off during summer break
• Most major holidays off
Send Cover Letter and Resume to Jessica Croslow at firstname.lastname@example.org